New Zealand College of Chinese Medicine is an NZQA approved and accredited private training establishment delivering a range of qualifications including certificates, diplomas and Bachelor degrees in Traditional Chinese Medicine (Acupuncture/Chinese Medicine/Tuina) and western massage therapies for domestic and international students. We also offer the New Zealand Certificate in English Language.
Employment at NZCCM offers you the opportunity to not only work with management and staff of different ethnicities but also enjoy what you do in an inclusive and supportive culture.
Current Vacancies (2)
(1) Massage Programme Coordinator
About the role
Reporting to: Academic Manager
Responsible for: Programme coordination for the NZ Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage L5 and NZ Diploma in Remedial Massage L6); includes; supporting and coordinating teaching faculty for mixed mode of delivery – distance and face-face teaching, learning and assessment.
HOURS: Part-time or full-time with teaching role; flexible location with willingness to travel; desirable Auckland based.
- Implementation and coordination of programmes of study leading to NZQA qualifications; delivered in mixed modes or teaching and learning.
- Co-ordination of teaching faculty across courses within the programme.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students to ensure positive experience and interaction with the programme and successful achievement.
- Ability to teach in one or more of the subject areas for both programmes of study.
- Other Delegated Tasks and Duties as Required
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Moodle (or similar) as a delivery mode for online learning.
- Massage qualifications Level 6 or above preferred, however experience within the industry is also acceptable;
- Preferably with experience of the New Zealand tertiary education sector;
- Literate in computing and technology that supports a positive on-line teaching and learning environment;
- Demonstrate and role model professional educational standards for teaching faculty, NZCCM staff and students;
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with staff, students and any other affiliated stakeholder;
- Ability to communicate across a broad range and variety of stakeholders, including students.
- Trust worthy and able to maintain confidentiality under all conditions.
- Be a self-starter/take initiative and motivated to achieve best outcomes for stakeholders, including students and the College.
- Effective time management.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity incorporating the diverse nature of New Zealand.
If you would like to be part of a friendly and professional team then apply today by sending your cover letter and CV to stephenxu(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)chinesemedicine.ac.nz. Applications close on 22 June 2018.
An on-site car park is available for Auckland-based candidates.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
(2) Campus Receptionist with IT Support
The New Zealand College of Chinese Medicine is currently seeking a reliable, highly organised, conscientious and self-motivated individual to run the campus reception and provide IT support to our Greenlane-based team of staff and students.
The ideal candidate will have the requisite people-skills and tertiary education experience to handle student enquiries, enrolments and support, as well as being able to provide desktop support and handle server and Wi-Fi troubleshooting.
Effective communication skills with a high standard of written and spoken English is essential, as is use of Microsoft Office Suite.
This is a full-time position and applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
If this looks like your chance to use your skills and experience within a rewarding student-centred environment, please send your CV and cover letter to the CEO, Stephen Xu: stephenxu(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)chinesemedicine.ac.nz .
Full Job Description available on request.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.