NZ Certificate in Chinese Medicine Health Maintenance – (Level 4).
(Distance and block course on line option available).
This is a 60 credits, 20 week full-time qualification (including a 2 week break).
The purpose of this qualification is to provide communities in New Zealand with individuals who have attained sufficient foundation knowledge, practical skills and behavioural attributes for the general maintenance of health and life style using traditional Chinese medicine practices and philosophies.
A graduate of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply philosophy and theory of Chinese medicine history and concepts to one’s own healthcare management;
- Define structural and functional characteristics of the human body;
- Identify aetiology of disease and rehabilitation treatment according to theories of Chinese medicine.
- Identify strategies and applications of preventative care;
- Perform and accomplish practices of Qigong and Taijiquan;
- Implement and practice application of own health maintenance;
- Formulate and communicate a plan for long term health and life style benefits underpinned by Chinese medicine philosophy and practices.
This Certificate can lead to other further tertiary study in general or complementary healthcare and will depend on the learners’ own preferences and appropriate achievement.
- Principles of Chinese Medicine and Bio Medicine : 15 credits
- Principles of Qigong and Taiji : 15 credits
- Philosophy and Theory of Chinese Medicine : 15 credits
- Health Management in Chinese Medicine : 15 credits
While their is no specific requirement students whose English is a second language should have at least intermediate level of English to ensure they are successful in this course..