Asmita Patel – Research Project Officer – Lecturer in Research Methods
Qualifications and work experience
- PhD, Public Health (AUT University); PGDipHSC, (University of Auckland); MA, Psychology, Massey University ; BA(University of Auckland) ; PGCertTT(AUT University).
- Cancer Society Young Investigator
- Research Officer: AUT University
- Member of New Zealand Association of Gerontology (NZAG); American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM); International Society for Behavioural Nutrition and Physical Activity (ISBNPA); Australasian Society of Behavioural Health and medicine (ASBHM); and the Centre for Health Education Scholarship (CHES, University of British Columbia).
- Research Areas include: Chinese medicine (interview series and clinic utilisation); Prostate Cancer (Survivorship and lifestyle behaviours); Physical Activity Promotion (Older Adults); Gerontology.
- Asmita has 16 research publications – refer research page NZCCM website for details)
- Member of the National Executive of NZAG